Wednesday 20 January 2010

Reasons To Be Cheerful, Part 1


It never ceases to amaze me how soon new growth in the spring, like these lovely little snowdrops, can push through even when the ground is covered with six inches of snow, as it has been here for some two weeks.  I took this on the day the snow finally cleared, and it's la lovely reminder that even in the dark days of January, Spring will soon be on the way.

I also found this single little primrose shoot poking through the chilly undergrowth.



7 comments:

  1. It is amazing; and don't you just love it. Everything can be blah, and then you spy greenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's just heartwarming isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to find some snowdrops, but I think I will have to plant them first. What I do have popping out of the ground are mushrooms. Not so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes lovely..I have just seen the snow dropspopping up in the churchyard!
    finally lets get rid of the wet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Callie - snowdrops are good value here and spread naturally under trees and in wild areas, do try some!

    John - we have them in the churchyard too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just seeing that photo has cheered me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma - thanks for stopping by glad you found it cheering too!

    ReplyDelete

Automatic chicken keeping - Introducing the Eggmobile

  I'm hugely excited about this new aquisition Well that just looks like an ancient rusty horsebox I hear you say. And what's more, ...