Wednesday 17 March 2010

Getting organised in the veg garden

Just a quick look at the developments in the veg garden. The weather's been excellent for the past week, and I've taken the opportunity to get on with a bit of digging, well quite a lot of digging in fact. So I thought I'd just show you a picture of how it's going. You're probably thinking it all looks a bit higgledy piggledy, but there is a Plan, no really there is, and I'm quite pleased with progress so far. I've got most of the beds organised, and have dug out a ton of perennial weeds, couch grass, bindweed, and buttercups to name but three.
Note the grey plastic bins I have reclaimed from a local sausage skin manufacturer which will serve as water butts, - the green thing that looks like an overweight Dalek is a compost bin. The greenhouse looks quite clean and sparkly  from this distance, - unfortunately it isn't, and I will have to get on with that job pretty soon too. It's quite a lot of glass to clean Oh it's all go in the garden in March and April.

4 comments:

  1. Look at the size of your greenhouse! Blimey it's humungous! You have been busy haven't you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking at your garden and greenhouse. Great! I won't have even a fourth that much, but I want to get something planted this year. I have been working on building some planter boxes and making a little garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must own up to greenhouse envy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SJM - I am lucky to have such a large greenhouse, comes in handy in the tomato season.

    Callie - your garden is charming, and probably much better cared for than mine is!

    Tammyk - big and draughty I'm afraid, but thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Automatic chicken keeping - Introducing the Eggmobile

  I'm hugely excited about this new aquisition Well that just looks like an ancient rusty horsebox I hear you say. And what's more, ...