Saturday 25 April 2020

Boris is picking up...

I planted Geum Borisii last year, and to be honest it didn't do much. Ok but not particularly impressive. Plenty of flappy leaves, some orange flowers.

So I kind of forgot about Borisii and it got a bit overgrown with creeping buttercups, to which it bears a superficial resemblance, so I was surprised to find it coming into flower a few weeks ago, around the time the lockdown started. It was doing ok actually, but then there were a few sharp frosts and all those overwhelming weed issues, and it started to look a bit sick. 

Very sick in fact, so I carefully dug it up and put it in a pot in the Intensive Care Unit by the greenhouse. It looked a bit dodgy at first, I don't think it liked being moved, but I watered it every day, looked after it as best I could, and I'm pleased to say it has picked up nicely and is starting to look like it might be ready to go back into the border quite soon. where hopefully it will make an impressive show. All of which has made me think that maybe I should spend a bit of money on improving the Intensive Care Unit, so that, comfortingly, one could rely on it being available whenever it might be needed, it as I'm sure Boris(ii) would be the first to agree.

Just to be clear,this is Geum Borisii of course,  not the Johnson cultivar you may have been thinking of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Automatic chicken keeping - Introducing the Eggmobile

  I'm hugely excited about this new aquisition Well that just looks like an ancient rusty horsebox I hear you say. And what's more, ...