Saturday 2 April 2011

Still Sitting Here.....

You  know what it's like at the end of a pregnancy, waiting and waiting, gets a bit boring just sitting around. I feel for Mrs Robin, not even a Hello magazine to flick through, though she does still get out and about a bit each day. My daughter says she saw Mr Robin pop in with a snack for her, but I missed that. Nice to know he's an attentive partner though.

With a somewhat vague 10 -14 day sitting period, the young robins' EDA should be somewhere from Monday onwards, so do check back when you can to see how things are going in the delivery room. I feel a bit like one of those over enthusiastic 70s hippy dads with a video camera, but in this case I feel assured that the expectant mother isn't being distracted in any way by the presence of the camera. I hardly dare say it, as it will surely bring down Sod's Law down on my head with a vengeance, but the video link seems to be working well now and is pretty stable most of the time. There's a box at the top right of the page with a play button that should link live to the nestbox camera. If you find it's saying "off air" it probably means my network adaptor has gone offline, but I try to keep an eye on it and reset when necessary.

6 comments:

  1. It's working great! This is very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so exciting to see the babies...I can't wait.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wondered what was going on in my little Blue Bird House! Awesome, she was absolutely still and then she suddenly stood up and poked the egg(s). Now she's settled again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait till things start happening! All I saw was her blinking and looks like she is ready to take a nap! Poor thing, but she is a good mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You know what it's like at the end of a pregnancy, waiting and waiting"
    erhhh! no!
    thank the lord!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool. I love that you're able to do this! You will learn so much from them this way.

    ReplyDelete

Automatic chicken keeping - Introducing the Eggmobile

  I'm hugely excited about this new aquisition Well that just looks like an ancient rusty horsebox I hear you say. And what's more, ...